If you are presently experiencing difficulties, have suicidal thoughts and/or plans, or if you are concerned about your general safety or someone else’s safety, we suggest that you immediately get in contact any of the following services.
- Lifeline (13 11 14) provides confidential counselling, support and information, with a focus on suicide prevention.
- Parentline provides post natal support and advice.
- Mensline (1300 789 978).
- Domestic Violence Helpline (1800 200 526).
- Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800) provides confidential counselling, support and information for children.
The following websites provide some helpful information about getting help and some vital services in your area.
- Suicide Prevention Australia
- Commonwealth Carelink Service Finder
- LifeLine Service Finder
- Alcohol and Drug Information Network
For any serious situations involving harm or injury to yourself or others, dial 000 for an ambulance or the police. An alternative is to go directly to a public hospital emergency department or contact your local GP.